Side Event - DiDRR Project Launch
22 November 2022
The Southern Africa Federation of the Disabled, in partnership with the Christian Blind Mission e.V. (CBM), will organize a side event on the evening of at the the Southern Africa Disability Roundtable Forum, which brings together various actors on triennial intervals to reflect and evaluate the work of SAFOD and the disability movement in the region, share information and experiences, assess progress being achieved by Governments and other duty bearers with regards to implementation of development policies and programs affecting persons with disabilities within the region.
The side event aims to contribute to the project goal of enhancing disability inclusive DRR capacities and strengthening resilience against climate related disasters in Southeast Africa.
The following are the specific objectives of the Side Event:
- To present the project framework and formally launch it.
- To seek and document stakeholder inputs/feedback into the project framework.
- To raise DIDRR awareness and inclusive response to disasters.
- To disseminate CBM DiDRR research findings from Zimbabwe, Malawi, and Zambia.
- To enhance networking and continuous sharing of DiDRR information between persons with disabilities and other strategic stakeholders.
For those joining virtually, please register on Zoom by either clicking on the banner on the top-right of this page, or simply Click here»
To learn more specifically about the 2022 forum,