TERMS OF REFERENCE -RAPPORTEUR
11 July, 2023
TERMS OF REFERENCE
CONSULTANCY FOR RAPPORTEUR SERVICES
Location: Johannesburg, South Africa
Activity scope: SAFOD general assembly
Duration: 10 working days (8-21 August 2023)
Contract Start: 08 August 2023
SAFOD is looking for a qualified consultant to offer rapporteur services. The objective of the Rapporteur consultancy is to capture the complete notes of the proceedings and produce a report for the two-day general assembly. The report shall include all the presentations, a narrative summary of the proceedings ,discussions and the professional observations from the processes and outcomes made during the general assembly.
The report should be a maximum 30 pages highlighting the main content of the discussions throughout the general assembly. The report should include:
- Main proceedings and summaries of each session
- Inputs and recommendations from the participants
- Compile presentations and photographs, annex them to the main report
- The report should be sumitted on the 21st of August 2023
3. Qualifications and Skills:
- Be highly qualified and proficient in spoken and written English, with an advanced university degree from a recognized institution in English, literature, journalism, social sciences, or related field.
- Excellent report writing and summarizing skills.
- Attention to detail and accuracy in documenting proceedings.
- Familiarity with disability-related issues and terminology.
- Knowledge of disability rights and advocacy is an advantage.
- Ability to work effectively within a diverse and inclusive environment.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
4. How to apply
The application should contain:
Cover letter: Highlighting why you are the most suitable candidate for the assignment and a brief methodology on how you will approach and conduct the assignment.
Updated CV: to include qualifications/competencies and relevant past experience in similar assignments and contact details of 3 professional referees who can certify your competencies, professionalism, quality of writing, and overall suitability to this TOR.
Financial Proposal: The candidate should send a financial proposal.
Consultants will be evaluated based on a combination of factors including cover letter, the credentials and the financial proposal.
Suitable applicants should apply via email to email@example.com on or before the 28th of July 2023 16:30 pm SAST.